Location: Cork (Little Island)
Job Type: Permanent
Technologies: Citrix, Windows Server, EMC SAN Storage, VMware, Backups, LAN, WAN, Wireless, Mobile, Avaya IPT, CSC, Raidiology
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the following:
* You will report to the Senior Systems Administrator/ Team Leader, in the absence of the Senior Systems Administrator/ Team Leader, the Systems Administrator will report to the Head of IT Operations
* You will deputise for the Senior Systems Administrator/ Team Leader as directed.
* Is recognised as the Systems Administrator in the I.T Department and as such has the responsibility and authority to ensure that all live systems are kept operational at all times. You will exercise leadership in the execution of this responsibility.
* In the absence of the Senior Systems Administrator/ Team Leader, the Systems Administrator will be responsible for all IT technical systems issues and projects.
* Will provide general IT support to the all locations in our clients Group but will also provide System Administration support in keeping with your role as directed by the Head of IT Operations
* You will be the Team Leader for Systems Administrators and Technician staff as directed by the Senior Systems Administrator/ Team Leader and this will include assessments, setting work tasks, evaluations and performance reviews.
* Will participate in the Group 24 hours IT support scheme by ensuring that if runs efficiently and participating in the rota as necessary
* Will monitor and report on the Group 24 hours IT Support scheme to ensure that it is effective and meets the needs of the hospital
* As a Senior IT professional, the Systems Administrator is expected to be self motivated and will be proactive with all the IT team to develop and maintain all IT systems. This will involve both scheduled and unscheduled out of hours work for system maintenance and development
* Have responsibility to ensure that the IT help desk is run efficiently and that it is effective in resolving all recorded issues ASAP
* Will be responsible to minimise system failures and unplanned stoppages through planned maintenance, health checks and monitoring of systems
* At all times the Systems Administrator will be proactive in educating users on Information Systems and use every opportunity to further educate users
* Be responsible for individual tasks and target dates
* Carry out standard system tasks such as admin, backups, new Citrix builds, data recovery and user admin (passwords, new users etc)
* Administer hardware and software maintenance and support contracts by liaising with the Head of IT Operations / Supplies Officer
* The Systems Administrator will be involved in the selection, procurement, installation and maintenance of new systems
* New software installations will be done with the participation / knowledge of the Systems Administrator
* You will be responsible for agreed action plans for installations and the necessary briefing of personnel. These plans will be drawn up with the Head of IT Operations
* Will ensure conformance to all IT SOPs
* Will do additional work out of hours as necessary for the maintenance and upgrade of existing systems. Time in Lieu will not normally apply for this work unless the annual accumulated out of hours work exceeds 91 hours.
* Will be project manager for systems projects as agreed with the Head of IT Operations.
* Carry out any additional duties that may arise as indicated by the Senior Systems Administrator/ Team Leader
* Will be required from time to time to visit other hospitals within the group, so own transport and full driver's license will be necessary.
* 5 years' experience as a Systems Administrator
* Citrix Administration experience
* EMC Storage
* VMware virtualisation.
* Windows Server
* SQL Server experience
* LAN/WAN and wireless networks.
* Avaya IPT experience
* Mobile Management technologies
* Systems Administrator in Healthcare informatics
* CSC applications.
* Radiology Information Systems
* Foundation IT certification with specific relevant technical certifications
* Degree / Diploma in relevant field of computer science
* Technical certifications: MCSE, CCNA, EMCSA or similar
Personal Characteristics & Skills
* Able to work under pressure
* Good Team Player
* Able to achieve targets
* Be able to troubleshoot
* Excellent interpersonal Skills
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Attention to detail
* Excellent analytical skills & problem-solving skills
A more detailed Job Spec is available for review on application.
Additional information will be made available on application. Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant links. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie ). All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.