Our Client based in Limerick currently has a requirement for a Senior IT Systems Engineer to join their expanding team. This position will require the person to be hands on with the deployment and support of storage and virtual environments for enterprise clients.
The position requires an engineer experienced with implementing server virtualisation solutions, including various replication and disaster recovery technologies, along with broad skills in other supporting enterprise technologies.
Responsibilities for the Senior Engineer:
* Point of escalation as part of the support team to address and solve Client's technology issues, including concerns related to implementation or integration with legacy customer infrastructure.
* Enterprise preventative maintenance, Documentation, Reporting and Alerting
* IT Management / Advisory for Enterprise Clients
* Assist presales account managers with technical questions or proposal generation.
* Solution Deployment
* Additional projects as required such as preparing system and user documentation and testing.
* Ad hoc Remote and Internal Project work
* Support of switching, routing & firewalling
* Formulating plans of resolution utilising all technical resources available.
* Work with staff to promote, develop, and maintain a positive experience for the Client.
* Assist in evaluating new technologies, services and processes to meet the objectives for each site.
* Participate in departmental training activities including training programs in support of new technologies, procedures, and customer service enhancements.
* Support and Deployment of Virtual Environments.
* Support and Deployment of SAN Environments.
Technical Requirements & Experience:
* Minimum of 3 - 5 years hands-on experience in the rollout and management of storage and virtualisation solutions. (Certification advantageous but not essential based on experience)
* Hands on (demonstrable) experience with VMware ESX Server or Hyper-V.
* Technical Certifications (Microsoft, CISCO, VMware).
* Storage Certified (Dell, EMC, Hitachi or NetApp).
* Setup, operation and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking.
* Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
* Excellent Client facing skills.
* Change Control management
* Incident Management
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact Matthew Duane Rice