Technical Product Manager - Galway
The Technical Product Management role requires a highly motivated, detail oriented, leader to technically manage the product lifecycle (from new product launch through the end of life) of our portfolio of computer vision technologies.
This is an execution-focused role which will require the candidate to identify, to create and to support the development of innovative products and product features. The candidate will also work alongside the senior director of product management to build and gain internal support for a credible roadmap that will drive long-term business growth and sustainable competitive advantage.
The Product Manager will exhibit proven technical ability in product management and be comfortable working closely with multiple engineering development teams to deliver customer requirements for products and product features. Strong communication skills will be needed to be a credible technology thought leader with multiple internal and external stakeholders including customers, partners, suppliers, engineers, sales personnel, marketing, operations personnel, and management.
Required Education and Experience
* 5 + years of relevant experience in a technical Product Management or equivalent role in the embedded systems, consumer Imaging devices, consumer electronics or Mobile smartphones with experience bringing new software technologies and products to market
* Demonstrated experience as Product Owner (Agile) for various software development projects required
* Certified Product Owner or Scrum Master a plus
* Experience with System Architecture definition and solution SDK development for embedded imaging products or imaging industry experience preferred.
* Proven technical planning acumen with a clear ability to create, validate and execute on a system architecture and technology strategy
* Proven ability to engage and work with customers and partners
* Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or related engineering degree or professional experience with significant Product Management knowledge is required and an advanced degree is a plus.
Other Skills & Abilities
* Must have a passion for innovation and shipping products.
* Background in managing embedded systems development desirable.
* Knowledge of development environments for Arm, Qualcomm, and/or Mediatek based systems a plus
* Experience with software architectures, integration, software deliverables, and customer engagement
* Knowledgeable about imaging, video, consumer electronics mobile smartphone markets desirable.
* Passion for consumer electronics, gadgets, technology, digital photography desirable
* Excellent customer facing skills with an ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts
* Strong teamwork and project-related skills, ensuring open communication channels across the consumer and technology teams
Travel: up to 25% expected