Roles and responsibilities:
* Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product life-cycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
* Design, install, configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance to ensure high levels of performance,
availability, and security.
* Install, configure and manage Reporting Services and Replication Solutions (Always On, Mirroring, Log Shipping, SQL Data Replication).
* Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
* Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
Education and experience
* 5+ years MS SQL Server administration experience required (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role)
* Experience with performance tuning and optimisation
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
* Experience with migrations of SQL Server between versions and/or servers
* MCSA or MCSE Certifications
* Basic knowledge on Oracle Database Administration an advantage
* Knowledge of Windows operating system essential
* Knowledge of Linux and Unix platforms an advantage
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving
* Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and clients
* Work individually and as a team
* Be able to follow company procedures and methods
* Available to work out of hours/weekends if necessary