Unified Communications Lync Support Engineer
itContracting are seeking an experienced Unified Communications (UC) Lync Support Engineer and Administrator. This is a Long-Term Contract position based onsite with our client in Dublin 8
The initial contract will last for 1 year, with possible further extensions. You will be required to provide the services for 5 days per week, 8 hours per day (excluding lunches or rest periods) Monday - Friday (excluding bank and church holidays in the Republic of Ireland) between the hours of 08:30 and 17:30. It is anticipated that you will provide the services on a full-time basis for 225 days annually (excluding annual leave, public holidays in the Republic of Ireland, etc.).
It is a mandatory requirement that you have at least 7 years' experience as a Unified Communications Support Engineer / Administrator.
Competencies/Skillsets - Technical Knowledge of:
* Microsoft Lync 2013 client and server technologies in a hosted, resilient and high-availability environment
* Microsoft Skype for Business client and server technologies in a hosted, resilient and high-availability environment
* Interoperability of Microsoft Lync with Microsoft Exchange in a Unified Communications and Unified Messaging environment
You must have the following qualifications:
* MCSE Communication and/or MCSE Productivity (Lync/Skype); or equivalent
* Note: A copy of the relevant certificates will be requested after application
Key requirements required of the Unified Communications Support Engineer/Administrator:
* To ensure the ongoing stability and further development of the Lync environment, its integration with other UC services (including Microsoft Exchange and Avaya Aura Communications Manager and related systems) and the ongoing availability of a reliable and performant messaging and communications service to all users.
* Proactively and effectively support customers to ensure minimal downtime to include;
* Lync Client/Server configuration, support and administration including support of hardware and services;
* Lync account management and queue administration;
* Proactively maintain platform stability through effective response to System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM) and other tools in order to minimise down-time and identify performance improvement opportunities.
* Oversee security management to include anti-virus, patch and update management to help mitigate risks to service quality.
* Oversee capacity management for servers and applications - measure and assess platform capacity in order to meet future scalability of systems to ensure minimal downtime through predictable action.
* Engage in problem and change management processes including working with the technical teams to facilitate successful testing and introduction of new products to the platform and to ensure system modifications and services changes are identified, documented and supported before action.
* Support business technical management and administration functions, including through the development of documentation, to maintain accurate and appropriate records of all services and Resources.
* Support colleagues, and peers including Technical and Customer Services, by providing documentation, coaching and knowledge sharing.
* Undertake ad hoc tasks from time to time as directed.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.