I currently have a Senior Software Test Engineer opening with an established Irish-based company in Dublin City. They are now seeking self-motivated and results-oriented with experience in testing and shipping high quality enterprise-level solutions. You will have an excellent eye for detail, be well organised in your work & enjoy strong verbal and written communication skills in English. You will be a strong team member working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You will be part of a dynamic IT team and be exposed to the latest technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Be a member of the Quality Assurance team, reporting into the Development team lead.
* Test multiple projects, raise issues, explore and communicate resolutions.
* Write comprehensive test plans & test cases, develop and debug robust automated test cases and tools, and continually incorporate better engineering practices.
* Articulate the state of product quality to management and business stakeholders in order to make good decisions.
* Meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
* Ensure proper deployments from test to Ops environments.
* Be proactive and creative in developing engineering practices and automation/tools to gain the most efficiency for the team.
* Participate in quality initiatives across the engineering areas.
* Provide feedback on product design and overall long-term strategies.
* Partner closely with teams across the company to incorporate best practices, and bring new test methodologies to the team.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Computer science or software engineering degree, or equivalent.
* Software testing specific qualification: ISTQB® (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) or similar.
* 3 years+ experience in testing software solutions using Microsoft .NET (C# and ASP.Net) and/or Angular.
* Background & understanding of the principles and theory of programming
* General interest and passion for software testing and related technologies.
* Solid understanding of XML.
* Excellent Knowledge of & experience in software testing, preferably using Microsoft technologies (e.g. Visual Studio; TFS; MS Testing apps).
* Proven success shipping high-quality products on schedule.
* Experience writing test plans, test cases and test automation.
* Proven track record in working collaboratively with other team members (Dev & PM).
* Experience of working with and a solid understand of analysing XML data.
* Experience with API testing and tools like Postman, or similar.
* Experience with SQL.
* Ability to unbundle issues and formulate recommendations clearly.
* Accurately test system functionality & ensure compliance with project specification.
* Accurately record and track defects, using approved defect tracking procedures.
* Change Management and Configuration Management.
* Automated testing tools and frameworks.
Keywords: QA Engineer/Test Engineer/Software Tester/ QA Analyst/Software Test/Automation Test Engineer