IT Support Engineer (Level 2)
itContracting are seeking applicants for an IT Support Engineer (Level 2). This is a permanent position based with our client in Cork.
About the position
* Reporting to the Helpdesk Manager, the successful applicant will support daily helpdesk requests, including reviewing service requests for correct information, making decisions on the request priorities, routing requests to the appropriate teams.
* The successful candidate will need to be technically conversant with proven troubleshooting skills and a solution-based approach to assist with supporting internal staff across 4 locations.
* The candidates focus will be on resolving Helpdesk tickets and support of ongoing projects.
* Our client is an ISO 27001 certified organisation, Information security and data protection is an important role of Internal IT, the successful candidate will be expected to embody Information Security in this role.
Scope of duties:
* Level 2 support for different business or internal customer specific applications.
* Installation, operation of workstations, maintenance of software and hardware components.
* Daily use of Ticketing system, reporting bug reports, solutions and other information, knowledge base management.
* Occasional Inter-office travel within Ireland approximately 10%. A Category B driving license would be ideal
* Protects our clients Information Security Management System (ISO 27001) in accordance with our established policies and procedures.
* Assists in identifying and mitigating potential information security threats and risks.
* Fluent English language skills.
* Experience in IT operation.
* Basic network knowledge.
* Skill-level detection and resolution of software and hardware issues in workstations.
* Experience with and high level of knowledge about Windows and OS X desktop operating systems.
* Experience with and knowledge of Active Directory Management
* Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
* Experience with and knowledge of Apple Mac and iPhone Hardware and Apple macOS and iOS software and apps
* Knowledge of cloud services.
* Skills in using desktop management systems.
ARE YOU THE PERSON THAT OUR CLIENT IS LOOKING FOR?
* Approachable, customer-centric and flexible. Customer service orientated.
* Good oral and written communication skills are required.
* Problem troubleshooting and solving techniques.
* Ability to perform under pressure with tight timelines on multiple projects with ability to prioritize tasks.
* Strong, professional communications skills both written and verbal.
* Must be a self-motivator to research solutions based on need.
* Proactive and innovative approach.
* Team player and work on own initiative.
Additional information will be made available on application. Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant links. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie ). All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.