IT Network Administrator
itContracting are currently seeking applicants for an IT Network Administrator. This is a permanent position based with our client in their Cork headquarters.
Reporting to our client's Senior IT Manager, the successful applicant will support, maintain and upgrade our client's corporate network and in-house servers. The candidate will take ownership and strive to improve the network and work with the systems administrator to ensure high performance and stability in the IT environment. The candidate will also assist on cross-team projects and support our client's helpdesk team by resolving escalated tickets.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
In order to fulfil the responsibilities of this position, the successful candidate should have the
* Proven experience in a network administrator role
* Strong networking skills with hands on experience in routing, switching and wireless infrastructures
* The ability to analyse the current network structure and submit ideas and reports on how
* to make the network more efficient
* Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN's, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
* Candidate must have familiarity with DNS and DHCP
* Ability to make changes via a CLI method
* Skills in AD, Server OS, virtualization and applications such as backups and AV tools is preferred
* Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing with peers and management
* Solid organizational skills, which will be used to prioritize issues based on severity
* Must be a self-motivator to research solutions based on need
* As part of this role, you will be required to protect our client's Information Security Management System (ISO 27001) in accordance with established policies and procedures
* Assists in identifying and mitigating potential information security threats and risks.
The following experience is essential:
* Knowledge and experience with Cisco, HP, SDWAN
* Experience with Network Monitoring tools such as Solarwinds
* Working knowledge of access lists, firewalls, and troubleshooting along the lines.
* Certifications such as CCNA and/or CCNP preferred
* 2+ years in a network supporting role
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Nolan Prendergast ( +353 212373096 or nolan dot prendergast at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.