Junior Software Engineer - Waterford
My client is one of the fastest growing technology and services companies in the country. The company has experienced massive growth in the last few years. This is all made possible by the already established team who have a passion for the possible. There will be many development opportunities here where people thrive in a highly collaborative and fun environment that provides many opportunities for growth and advancement.
Software Engineers play a key role in the design, development/configuration, unit testing, installation, and ongoing maintenance of software platforms. Software Engineers work with stakeholders to develop solutions and/or products that fulfil the needs of internal stakeholders and clients. Those solutions and/or products help clients to be more efficient and provide better service to end customers. Software Engineers interact directly with project leaders, business stakeholders, and may periodically interact directly with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work as part of a global, cross-functional team to develop innovative software for stakeholders.
* Contribute to projects by creating well-designed, customized, testable, efficient cod.
* Assist our teams in providing ongoing support, troubleshooting, improvements, or custom enhancements to existing platforms.
* Collaborate with our global teams, internal stakeholders and customers.
* 1-4 years of software development experience.
* Degree in technology or equivalent relevant work experience.
* Working knowledge of the insurance industry would be beneficial.
* Proven track record and ability to develop software in Oracle and UNIX.
* Intermediate knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and relational database concepts.
* Relevant experience with software engineering tools
* Experience with UNIX shell scripting, Angular JS and/or Java preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Windows, Office, JIRA
* Excellent work ethic. Ability to work and travel independently.
* You should be a great team player.
* You should have effective communication and critical thinking skills.
This is a great opportunity with many progression opportunities! There is a market leading pension and benefits package on offer with lots of team days out planned every month also!
To hear more about this great opportunity, call Eimear at Reperio Human capital on 015713000.
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.