Principal Applications Architect
Based in Krakow, Poland, our client powers one of the world's largest industries - travel and tourism. Their systems work 24 hours a day, every day, processing more than 60,000 transactions a second at peak demand. Over the years, they have transformed and modernized the travel industry, with a history of "firsts" that paved the way for online travel agencies, corporate booking tools, revenue management, and web and mobile itinerary tools, to name a few.
They require a Principal Application Architect with 8+ years of experience to join their Trip Data Services KRK development which is responsible for multiple PNR (travel booking) web services, PNR data distribution to internal and external customers and development of Trip Record - breakthrough architecture to store and operate on next-generation booking data.
JOB REFERENCE: BBBH14581
* Providing consistent application architectural direction to development staff and coordinating with all other groups involved with product development
* Analyze the impact of new business requirements to the systems and to the application architecture and make recommendations to developers on how best to implement the requirements
* Setting development, interface and coding standards
* Working with the CTO to propose hardware and operating system platforms, communication protocols, middleware, interfaces and algorithms as necessary to product business requirements
* Modelling systems resource consumption for new products and changes to existing products for use by capacity planning
* Evaluating and proposing ideas that will improve the performance, maintainability, operability or reliability of the system
* Evaluating and proposing ideas for common issues like autoscaling, log aggregation, metrics collection and analysis, transaction tracing and messaging
The ideal candidate will have:
* 8+ years of experience
* Advanced application and systems architecture skills especially in application containerization, Microservices and Cloud
* Experience in containerization-based technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
* Familiarity with cloud native applications Design Patterns and best practices
* Experience in at least one of the major public Cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
* Experience in NoSQL databases such as Couchbase, Casandra
* Experience in exposing and consuming REST, gRPC services
* Experience in completing automation projects (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
* Knowledge of Kafka, ActiveMQ or other messaging products
* Knowledge of Elasticsearch, Kibana, Prometheus, Graphana
* VIP medical package with free travel insurance and dental care, sport medicine, life insurance and Benefit System
* Lift your qualifications through challenging tasks, knowledge sharing sessions, wide range of training and get technical certification reimbursement
* Work in modern office with comfortable location, no dress code, flexible working times and get additional days off
* Referral bonus
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +353 (0)21 2028035.