Network Engineer - Data Center Infrastructure
Based in Dublin, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
They require a Network Engineer with 7+ years of work experience with designing and deploying large-scale and data center network infrastructure experience.
Initially on an 11-month contract, working in a key role in helping manage their global network.
Job Reference: BBBH 13610
* Assist all aspects of data center construction and network deployment.
* Liaise with network engineering, data center design, and data center connectivity teams to generate network infrastructure design packages for the deployment team.
* Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for the physical infrastructure and design and deployment of the building management.
* Develop business relationships with key stakeholders, partners, and vendors.
* Lead initiatives driving efficiency, innovation, and standardization of our data centers.
* Perform site visits and work cross-functionally.
* Influence future iterations of data center and network designs to ensure seamless integration of new infrastructure and enable scalability.
* Maintain technical reference, process, and training documentation.
* Create automation and tooling to drive consistency and efficiency in all aspects of network design, deployment, and operations.
The Ideal Candidate:
* 7+ years of work experience with designing and deploying large-scale
* 7+ data center network infrastructure
* An understanding of structured cabling and fiber optic infrastructure
* Knowledge of the data center design, construction, and start up/commissioning processes
* Team leading experience
* Working knowledge of internet networking technologies (TCP/IP, routing, switching) and optical transport technologies
* Knowledge of enterprise and provider level network hardware platforms (IP + Optical)
* Knowledge of data center infrastructure management (DCIM) and physical security systems
* Expert knowledge of inside/outside plant cable design and dark fiber builds
* Networking certification great plus, the traditional ones or RDD
* Routing protocols, switching - foundation knowledge end to have a working understanding,
* Competitive Salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
* Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
* State of the art modern office.
* 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
* Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progress ion for top performers.
* The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +353 (0)21 2028035.