Our client is one of the fastest growing toy retailers; they have over 100 stores throughout the UK & Ireland, and continue to grow.
They are currently looking for a Packaging Designer. In this role the chosen candidate will be expected to; carry out typography manipulation, composition, colour manipulation and packaging layout, creating of environment, illustration and rendering of the toys and making them look perfect will be one main focus of this position, how to present each product in the best way possible and show what makes it fun entertaining & visually appealing are key elements for this role.
* Work on creative initiatives from concept to completion (die-lines, renderings, mocks, print production, etc.), the creation of accurate production files along with comprehensive brand guidelines (Deliver all phases of work within established packaging timelines)
* Own the big strategies but be able to dive into the details.
* Collaborate with and inspire business, product and marketing leads.
* Create 3D renderings & illustration of products, digital mock-ups or packaging visualisation for concept approval, and sales presentation
* Responsible for creating and maintaining internal packaging material specification standards
* Responsible for producing graphic artwork for packaging components (including instruction manual, packaging, labels, etc.)
* An expert understanding of up to date trends in packaging and branding
* Be able to develop concepts and designs for packaging across several private label brands
* Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite (emphasis on Illustrator & Photoshop)
* The ability to create digital and/or physical mock-ups
* Exhibit a pixel-perfect attention to detail
* Awareness of design, fashion, beauty, retail, social media and lifestyle trends.
* Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and highly demanding environment.
* A strong portfolio showcasing real work and your design process (MUST include several packaging samples)
* BS in Packaging Design Science, Packaging Engineering, or Industrial Design or a related degree from an accredited college or university or 3 years of experience.
* Strong visual design skills and background designing for systems (style guides, design patterns)
* Basic knowledge in packaging production/manufacturing processes and techniques (die-cutting, thermoforming, injection and moulding)
* Strong knowledge in various packaging materials (corrugated, carton board, blister, vinyl bags, etc.)
* A keen eye for visual layout
Nice to Have(s):
* Prior experience with commercial & toy packaging
* Minimum 2 years of packaging design experience in consumer products or design agency. Consumer goods/ toy industry experience
Reference No.: 917800FK
Role: Packaging Designer
Location: Co. Galway
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent