itContracting are seeking applicants for an Information Security Specialist with demonstrated experience in the areas of governance, risk and compliance (GRC). This is a permanent position based with our client in Dublin.
The successful candidate will consider regional informational security within the context of a global security program and in a pragmatic manner in line with our client's business objectives.
* Work with corporate departments, existing fora, to understand regulatory changes that will affect information security policies, standards, baselines, and other related documents and communicate/recommend appropriate changes through the security organization.
* Undertake and/or lead regulatory readiness assessments and development of appropriate strategies.
* Bring a strong technical background and understanding of a wide range of network infrastructure technologies and applications and be able to review, develop, test and implements security plan, products, and control techniques.
* Evaluating the information security risks of key technology security initiatives within the context of jurisdictional requirements.
* Providing Data Security and Protection Advice.
* Research technical threat areas; provide information, solutions and training for preventing, detecting, and responding to threats and vulnerabilities.
* Providing guidance on the protection of information assets from all types of risks.
* Provides input on information security policies, standards, baselines, and other related documents, as requested, to represent the Information Security Services department during internal and external audits.
* Provides guidance to internal customers on issues of information security risk, compliance, interpretation of info security policies, standards, baselines, other related documents, and general information security.
* Be flexible in executing the role from both an oversight and operational perspective.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Information Security.
* Have at least 3 years working experience working in a direct Information Security role
* Be a strong team player and good communicator who is used to working in a fast-moving environment.
* Have good knowledge of NIST and other information security best practice standards and ideally have some experience implementing these standards (e.g. SOX, PCI, ISO 2K).
* Have strong attention to detail and ability to present that detail in summary form.
* Understand Risk Management principles and the tools to ensure attention is brought to high risk areas.
* Be energetic and willing to drive cross functional initiatives.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Marta Hoppe ( +353 83 059 7338 or marta dot hoppe at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.