Our client is now looking to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer to join their team in Galway.
Job Responsibilities of Embedded Software Engineer
* Research and develop next-generation image, video processing and biometrics algorithms for embedded platforms such as mobile phones and digital cameras.
* Proactively identify technical solutions and risks for project deliverables.
* Responsible for bringing the project from concept to C / Hardware implementation
* Work closely with engineering and QA team and assist in the development of any testing frameworks or data capture necessary for the evaluation of new or existing technologies.
* BSc degree with 5 years relevant experience
* Direct experience in designing image and video processing algorithms for embedded devices including image processing, analysis and understanding
* Direct experience in designing and training machine learning-based algorithms for embedded devices.
* Proven expertise in area of computer vision: object detection, pattern recognition and classification, statistical analysis.
* Proficient with Matlab: general use, plus Signal Processing toolbox & Image Processing toolbox
* Solid C programming language skills especially for embedded platforms.
* Motivated and creative person, dynamic, creative thinker and problem solver
* Good leadership skills, team player, excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
* Experience of biometrics such as face and iris recognition would be a definite advantage.
* Exposure to Bayesian statistics.
* Knowledge of camera phone image capture architecture and ISP (Image Signal Processor)
* Knowledge of optics, and image quality evaluation
* Master or PhD diploma in a related field