Principal Embedded Engineer, Galway
FRS Recruitment are actively sourcing and screening for Principal Embedded Engineer role in the Galway area. Fantastic opportunity to join a growing team. This role has great potential to grow into a lead role.
Where you've come from:
* You will have a third level degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science/I.T. or related qualification, ideally with 5-8 year's experience in the full lifecycle of design and development of software solutions within the medical devices or another similarly regulated industry.
Who you are:
* An experienced software engineer with proven record of code development and support.
* Strong C/C++ skills and software design for the embedded multi-threading and multi-processor applications with the memory and timing constraints.
* Proficiency with Python, Java and SQL desirable.
* Experience in Communication protocols, particularly USB and Bluetooth.
* Drive the overall architecture and design of products. Must have experience in defining software architecture with a focus on reliability, maintainability and security, with the ability to document and communicate to management and 3rd party vendors.
* Fundamental knowledge of electronics hardware platforms.
* Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills. Ability to profile software to identify issues and areas of improvement.
* Knowledge of Embedded operating systems.
* Strong knowledge of software structures, development process and industry tool.
* Robust experience in automated testing to support code base.
* Ability to define and implement scalable system architecture and software policies practices to ensure the maintainability of the code base.
* Experienced in design verification and responsibility of the full lifecycle of software projects, preferable for Medical Devices.
* Knowledge of and commitment to continuous improvement and problem solving.
* Effective communication skills, with detailed concise document writing skills.
* Self-motivated with effective time management who is willing to learn and grow.
* Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent team player and ability to work with minimal supervision.
This Principal Embedded Engineer role is an exciting new opportunity with our key client in the Galway area. The Principal Embedded Engineer will have an excellent opportunity to advance their career with a leading, growing tech company in the region.
Principal Embedded Engineer, Software, Firmware, Embedded developer, Embedded engineering, Galway, C development, C++, communication protocols
Please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Principal Embedded Engineer role via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.