Helpdesk Support Engineer
Permanent (Parkwest, Dublin)
Job ref: BBBH14058
Allen Recruitment is working with an Irish owned, IT Cloud Computing Solutions provider based in West Dublin.
Right now, they have an immediate requirement for a Helpdesk Support Engineer (permanent job).
Fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Engineer interested in utilising cutting edge tools and technology. The successful candidate will have 2-3 years' experience with some MCP qualifications (working towards MCSA).
* Telephone and remote access support of customers
* Remote monitoring of customer systems
* Updating of call logging system and Management of calls
* Ensure timely issue diagnosis and feedback for all client queries, using the IT Help Desk system where appropriate
* Ensure all issues are resolved effectively by the team and maintain positive relationships between the wider IT Team and the supported clients
* Act as a point of escalation for customer issues, achieving resolution by engaging all available resources
* To monitor and manage customer SLA's and in conjunction with our Helpdesk schedule and field engineering resources
* Investigate issues, advising on remedial action and coordinating our third-party suppliers
* Acquire a thorough knowledge of our products and services and to effectively demonstrate your competence in these areas
* To undertake product training, pass exams and become certified to undertake support on these products.
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP and DNS
* Application troubleshooting/support
* Active Directory Administration
* GPO Configuration
* Networking Services - DNS/DHCP
* Have experience working with anti-virus software and backups
* Good working knowledge of PC hardware, Windows desktop operating systems
Essential Technical Skills:
* 2+ years technical support experience with server exposure
* VMware administration
* Veeam / Nakivo / Commvault / Unitrends / Rapid Recovery / Netbackup
* Familiar with using one of the following server hardware Dell/HP/Supermicro
* Familiar with Storage SANs/NAS protocols (i.e. iSCSI, SAS, NFS, CIFS)
* Microsoft certified - MCP or working towards MCSA
Desirable Experience (not essential):
* SQL/Exchange experience
* Office 365 experience
* Networking - TCP/IP Switches/Firewalls
* Familiar with use of Linux OS's (Red Hat/Ubuntu)
* Certs - VCP/CCNA/MCSA
Very competitive salary offered, depending on experience
On-going training and development - courses funded for additional skill acquisition.
Apply today for more information:
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040