Senior Software Engineer - UI Development
My client is looking for a highly motivated and innovative senior UI software engineer to join their development team in Limerick.
The successful candidate will work as part of the scrum team, which is responsible for the development of new features based on the requirements from the product owner and customer. As a software engineer, you will be involved in the analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation of software projects.
They are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with Java and UI development skills, has excellent problem-solving skills and who has proven experience in breaking complex problems down into smaller constituent parts.
What they Offer:
* Ongoing Learning and Personal Development
* Good work-life balance
* Strong and open culture
* Approachable Management
* Great benefits package
* Extensive training programme
Responsibilities of UI Developer
* Functions and contributes positively as a scrum team member
* Development of Web user interface functions on complex functions
* Performs analysis to define modifications of complex functions including affected programs, expected behavior, related document changes, and test scenarios.
* Exhibits technical proficiency in design, implementation and unit testing.
* Prepares technical documentation.
* Actively participates in testing.
* Champions scrum best practices within the team
* Strives to increase application knowledge.
* Follows development standards.
Specialist Knowledge & Skills Required:
* Good analytical and design skills.
* Excellent problem solver with proven experience in breaking down complex problems.
* Thorough understanding of the whole development process, including analysis, coding, quality assurance, and documentation.
* Given the agile development methods used, a software engineer should be a team player, flexible, have good communication and interpersonal skills and be eager to learn.
* Experience in the area of applications architecture is required.
* Experienced in business logic development technologies like Progress is an advantage.
* Knowledge of Accounting or Financials software is desired but is not mandatory.
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering or computer science. Minimum 5 years technical experience in a software development role (ideally agile development).