Our client, the leading independent investment research and governance advisory firm is recruiting a full stack .Net Software Engineer for their team in Limerick, Ireland. Candidates must have experience with all levels of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for an enterprise level application.
We are a highly professional self-organising team of engineers working in a truly agile environment. Our culture is built on being open to new ideas and feedback and we believe in building great software, technical excellence and having fun.
What you'll be doing
* Designing, implementing and maintaining applications and services in a truly Agile (Scrum) environment.
* Actively participating in agile ceremonies (Grooming, Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives).
* Implementing coding practices consistent with defined conventions.
* Working with colleagues to develop and execute comprehensive test plans for system implementations.
* Performing and automating unit and comprehensive testing for assurance of functional and technical quality of deliverables.
* Providing valuable insights in design reviews and code reviews.
* Providing 2nd/3rd level support to business groups for all applications and services developed and maintained by the development group.
* Coordinating work with on-premise and remote developers.
* Assisting in the deployment of releases and patches into the production environment.
* Being available out-of-business hours for production support (level 2-3) on a rotational basis.
What you'll bring to the table
Above all we value communication, common sense and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will bring:
* Strong documentation and communication skills.
* Willingness to give and take feedback and share knowledge
* A strong desire to learn and improve.
From a technical perspective we do require a degree in computer science and your experience should also include a minimum of 1 years development experience through the entire life-cycle of an enterprise application. Use of the following technologies and methodologies would be a distinct advantage:
* Experience with .NET 4.5+, Visual Studio 2015/2017, C#.
* Experience with WebApi and middle-tier API services.
* Knowledge of Dependency Injection and writing testable code.
* T-SQL experience including the ability to analyse complex flows within Stored Procedures, SQL Server 2012 and upwards desirable.
* Experience working in an Agile environment.
* Experience working with Git.
Keywords: .NET Developer/ C# Developer/Software Engineer/Software Developer/Limerick/ Agile