itContracting on behalf of our client are currently seeking applications for an IT Support Administrator. This is a 3-month daily rate contract based with our client in South Dublin.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position supports in-place technologies & technology users via defined procedures. The position reports to an IT manager and is part of a team that supports end users, data services, devices, and VoIP systems for various business functions.
* Provides technical expertise in the management of our client's voice and data network
* Installs, supports and/or maintains laptops, desktops, mobile devices and servers, responding to IT and Security incidents as required
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Participate in staff meetings and team meetings as required.
* Good understanding of general industry usage of supported technologies.
* Good basic understanding of business processes and business dependencies on supported technologies.
* Good relationships within IT and with supported customers to improve collaboration and teamwork necessary to accomplish organizational objectives.
* Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
* Experience: 5-7 Years Information Systems Experience
* Preferred Skills/Qualifications: Relevant experience, with experience in frontline Desktop/IT Support functions
* Technical Proficiency - High level knowledge and experience with LAN, WAN, and wireless technologies, laptop, desktop and server hardware and current OSes. VDI and Virtual machines. Good understanding or working knowledge of the following security functions: antivirus software/platforms, URL filtering, malware detection/blocking/removal, installation and rollout of computer images/patches/updates, Microsoft Office 2013/2016 and O365, Citrix, Microsoft Windows 7 and 10.
* Experience of working with Windows 7, Windows 10 and client migrations. Office 2013/2016, O365 and migrations.
* Imaging of workstations and laptops, disk encryption.
* Information Security knowledge
* Analytical Abilities - problem-solving skills including working collaboratively with peer technical teams to analyse & resolve technical issues and being able to explain the issues in easy to understand language to end users.
* Business Knowledge - An understanding of how supported technologies are used in the business operations; ability to utilize this knowledge in resolving issues.
* Communication skills - Good verbal & written communication skills, effectively using sensitivity and diplomacy.
* Independence - Often works independently with only general direction; appropriately keeps management informed of relevant issues
* Administration - Handles a range of administrative tasks effectively while managing an overall task workload that may include technical activities. Documents new/updates existing procedures and controls.
* Data Protection & privacy awareness
* Normal office environment
* Some lifting/moving of equipment required
* Some out of hours work required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Nolan Prendergast ( +353 212373096 or nolan dot prendergast at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.