This position is responsible for leading the IT systems development team in Ireland. This person will:
* Direct and coordinate the team in the development and delivery of software across the company.
* Motivate and engage the team
* Train and Develop the team
* Continuously improve the team and the processes
* Undertake Technical lead duties
* Liaise with vendors
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Lead the Delivery team, providing leadership and direction in goal-setting, coaching, staffing and motivating a team
* Proactively leads the team of developers and suppliers to deliver high quality products with minimal defects.
* Hold responsibility for their team's compliance with established coding standards, project, quality, and change management policies.
* Drive results and promote continuous process improvement, while ensuring business objectives are met.
* Drive delivery through the implementation of external software products and internal services integration and/or development. Augmenting the permanent team with third-party professional services, outsourced development, and consultants where appropriate.
* Ensure that developments are supported by cost-effective technical processes.
* Ensure that development is implemented with strategic focus on maintenance, reliability and functionality.
* Undertake Assessment and estimation activities on specified projects, providing solution design, interfacing with Architecture and Infrastructure areas if required, providing technical oversight and control, to ensure successful delivery of the Requirements.
* Undertake Technical Lead activities providing guidance on overall solution design, interfacing with Architecture and Infrastructure areas, bug issue tracking and resolution, providing technical oversight and control, to ensure successful delivery of the project
* Liaise with third party suppliers & other internal departments on system requirements/issues, with regards to the delivery of IT systems.
* Third Level degree or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of experience
* Certification in one of the development specialisations (desirable)
Knowledge & Experience
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Development team leader role - leading and managing a team of technical, professional-level staff.
* Strong experience in planning, managing multi-disciplinary projects.
* A proven performance management track record.
* Experience in management of all aspects of the software development life cycle. Strong understanding of one or more of the following methodologies - Agile / Waterfall / Scrum
* Will be expected to have a proven knowledge and proficiency in the most of the following development specialisations:
* Java, J2EE / JSP / OOA/D, Web Services / Spring / Struts, Servlets, AWS development and deployment, JDBC, XML, XPath, XQuery, JSF, HTML, JUnit, Eclipse, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache..