A multinational investment bank that offers candidates a world of opportunities and encourage internal mobility and learning and development is looking for a Java Developer. They allow employees to continuously learn and develop, providing opportunities to stretch professionally, facilitating new experiences, and harnessing the power of learning.
The successful Java Developer will work with the state of the art and complex transactional and reporting applications and work closely with partner systems and also gain in-depth knowledge of the business globally. The Java Developer will filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources and applies skills and knowledge of the business to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs. You can be part of one of the strongest IT teams in the industry.
To apply for the Java Developer role, send your CV to helen.gillbanks(a)solasit.ie or call Helen on 01 5367388 for more info.
The requirements for the Java Developer role are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in Core Java, Java EE and Hadoop technologies
• Big data experience required
• Experience working on Data projects
• Experience with all aspects of the SDLC
• Experience working with Hbase and Impala
• Experience working with Spark and MapR
• Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards & framework
• Knowledge of Core Java, Java EE, Multithreading/Concurrency, Web Services, Big Data, JSON, XML, Data Modelling, MQ
• Backend SpringBoot
• Tools – Well versed with IntelliJ; Test Driven development and automated testing tools like JUnit, Cucumber/ Gherkin; JIRA, Maven, TeamCity, Sonar
The competencies for the Java Developer role are:
• Able to research and solve complex technical issues in a timely manner
• Able to work as a strong team player and individual contributor in a distributed team, with the ability to mentor junior team members where necessary
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Self-starter who is a quick learner of new tools and technologies
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment where priority changes occur often
• Able to work in a multi-cultural / multi-time zone environment
• Quick learner of new tools and technologies
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)