New role in with a growing client of mine in Galway. If you are interested in working with a company, where the products you will be helping develop have a direct impact on improving people's lives, then this role might be of interest to you. You would be joining a very flexible and passionate team. This role would require a character who enjoys working with multiple teams, likes to lead and develop colleagues, and someone who has a genuine interest in life changing products.
What they would like from you
* Experience working within a medical device/regulated environment would be a huge advantage
* Ability to lead, define and develop embedded software architecture with an appreciation for other engineering disciplines i.e. electronic etc…
* A proven track record in the development of software with an emphasis on quality.
The role (day to day)..
* Define, develop, maintain and improve embedded software for our products.
* Work with the product development group with input from the marketing team, to develop existing technology and develop new products to add to our portfolio.
* Advise the product development group on incorporating the software development activities into the master delivery schedule and use project management skills to deliver to that schedule.
* Ensure that development work adheres to the requirements of project design briefs and other documentation. Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software.
* Play an active role in projects, teams, meetings etc.
* Manage all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including post-implementation support and maintenance.
* Participate in risk assessment activities.
* Regularly communicate status and progress on assignments, raising issues and risks in a timely fashion and effectively contributing to mitigating activities.
Where you've come from:
You will have a third level degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science/I.T. or related qualification, ideally with 5-8 year's experience in the full lifecycle of design and development of software solutions within the medical devices or another similarly regulated industry.
Some of the skills they would like from you
* An experienced software engineer with proven record of code development and support.
* Strong C/C++ skills and software design for the embedded multi-threading and multi-processor applications with the memory and timing constraints.
* Proficiency with Python, Java and SQL desirable.
* Experience in Communication protocols, particularly USB and Bluetooth.
* Drive the overall architecture and design of products. Must have experience in defining software architecture with a focus on reliability, maintainability and security, with the ability to document and communicate to management and 3rd party vendors.
* Fundamental knowledge of electronics hardware platforms.
* Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills. Ability to profile software to identify issues and areas of improvement.
* Knowledge of Embedded operating systems.