Director of Engineering required for expanding multinational e-commerce product house based in Dublin 1. Our Client builds a global platform that connects millions of sellers and customers every day.
The Director of Engineering will manage two key teams (Data and DevOps) that have ownership of the infrastructure and systems for a global e-commerce product.
This is an exciting time to join the company as engineering transitions from “on prem” DC to Google Cloud. You will help shape the continued growth of the technical infrastructure and platforms while providing innovative ways to improve systems
· Direct management of two key engineering teams (Data and DevOps)
· Craft the strategic direction for the teams
· Ensure career development plans are in place
· Contribute to technical discussions within your team to help increase the efficiency, stability, and deliverability
· Work asynchronously with local and remote teams, to ensure teams are strategically aligned.
· Contribute to Systems Engineering Leadership, helping build the vision for Systems Engineering with your peers
· Prior experience managing engineering teams and leaders at Director or VP level
· Have a passion for leadership, understands how to lead and grow engineering teams that work on large systems
· Are as excited by the challenges of nurturing a team as you are by the technical challenges of building systems
· Help those around you grow as engineers and leaders and be successful
· Working in an Agile environment where DevOps and SRE are familiar structures to you
· Experience delivering complex systems as simple services
· Excellent starting salary
- Bonus (Discretionary but people have achieved 100%)
- Sign on bonus
- Equity (RSUs)
- VHI for family
- Pension contribution
- 4 x Life Assurance
- 5 weeks paid sabbatical leave every 5 years