Digital Planet is Ireland's leading Cloud Services Provider, providing flexible, secure and highly available systems to a wide range of Irish and international clients. Digital Planet is seeking a Network Engineer to join their team based out of the company offices in Cherrywood, Dublin 18.
Experience & Requirements:
* Knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
* deep knowledge of networking fundamentals as: STP, ARP, Routing and Switching
* Knowledge of HA mechanisms and protocols (ether-channel, FHRP, stack, cluster, multipath, ECMP)
* Experience with VPNs
* Experience with L2/L3 networks
* Experience with PA and ASA firewalls
* Ability to solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions
* Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems
* At the minimum basic understanding of Load Balancers
* Willingness to learn and gain new technical skills
* Open mind and can-do attitude
* Training and development
* Health insurance
* Free Parking
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Michal in itContracting directly (+353 1 4396811 or Michal at itContracting dot ie)
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.