Security Operations Centre Manager
Evros is seeking an experienced SOC Manager to support the growth and development of security services within Evros. In this role, you will lead a team of individuals dedicated to providing the following services:
* Security Information and Event Management
* Operational Security Support;
* Security incident management;
* Network security architecture planning;
* Post-compromise investigations;
* Change management & implementation
The candidate will have customer-facing responsibilities and will need to be experienced in the fulfilment and delivery of IT solutions.
You will use your leadership and vision combined with exceptional technical ability to grow and develop a SOC team.
* Develop relationships with industry partners and customers to ensure service compliance and smooth incident response
* Develop and administer SOC processes and review their application to ensure that SOC's controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively
* Manage team efforts to monitor for security events and provide escalation analysis
* Lead staff to proactively identify, prevent and respond to security incidents
* Lead and manage security incidents from identification through remediation
* Lead team in next-generation firewall (NGFW), Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and SIEM management, maintaining and improving organization defensive controls
* Lead staff in proactive change management for defensive controls and maintaining an effective defence for clients over time
* Develop salient information security metrics and present to senior management
* Professional communication and documentation of processes and procedures.
* Additionally, the SOC Manager will have a major role in developing the vision for Evros Managed Security Services
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelors or college degree in IT security, computer science, engineering or other relevant degree;
* Relevant industry certifications such as GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CISA, CISM.
* Relevant technology vendor certifications (Palo Alto, Cisco, F5, etc.)
* Experience building and maintaining a high-performing team of analysts
* Expertise with industry standard frameworks (ISO, NIST, PCI, CSA)
* Familiarity with ITIL and/or ISO 20000-1 frameworks
* Experience maintaining metrics and SLAs
* Strong knowledge of incident management, problem management and change management best practices
* A high-level understanding of multi-tiered applications, load balancing and firewalls
* 5+ years of Information Security / Cybersecurity experience
* 2+ years working in a security operations centre
* 2+ years in a leadership role with excellent inter-personal skills
* Understanding of private, public, and hybrid cloud operations
* Experience networking and telecommunications integration, design and architecture
The following personal abilities are favoured at Evros:
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
* Exceptional organisational skills;
* Ability to think of problems and operational activities beyond technical scope, envisioning general business and relational ramifications;
* Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks concurrently;
* Adaptable to diverse environments;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is mandatory;
* Assertive and self-driven individual who can ensure tasks are followed through until completion
* Attention to detail and motivated to deliver exceptional quality
* Energetic and positive with a "can do" attitude.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant links. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Tom Leonard in itContracting directly ( 01 218 7721 or tom dot leonard at itContracting dot ie ). All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.