We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative software engineer to for our client in Castletroy, Limerick. You will be part of a scrum team, which is responsible for the development of new features based on the requirements from the product owner and customer. The development team works in sprints and will deliver potentially shippable product increments at the end of each sprint. You will be involved in the analysis, design, development, testing and documentation of software projects.
We are looking for someone with extensive UI development skills, has excellent problem solving skills and who has proven experience in breaking complex problems down into smaller constituent parts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Functions and contributes positively as a scrum team member
* Development of Web user interface functions on complex functions
* Performs analysis to define modifications of complex functions including affected programs, expected behavior, related document changes, and test scenarios.
* Exhibits technical proficiency in design, implementation and unit testing.
* Prepares technical documentation.
* Actively participates in testing.
* Champions scrum best practices within the team
* Strives to increase application knowledge.
* Any other responsibilities as required from time to time.
Specialist Knowledge & Skills Required:
* Good analytical and design skills.
* Excellent problem solver with proven experience in breaking down complex problems.
* Thorough understanding of the whole development process, including analysis, coding, quality assurance and documentation.
* Experience in the area of applications architecture is required.
* Experienced in business logic development technologies like Progress is an advantage, since we are building a new web user interface on an existing business logic application.
* Knowledge of Accounting or Financials software is desired but is not mandatory.
Education / Training / Work Experience:
Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering or computer science. Minimum 5 years technical experience in a software development role (ideally agile development).