Our client in Galway is now looking to recruit a QA Test Engineer to join their team.
You will be part of the QA team working closely with the R&D team, to evaluate and test our advanced imaging solutions for the state-of-the-art portable devices.
What will you be doing?
* Evaluating the quality of image analysis and processing algorithms.
* Design and implement automated test cases
* Prepare detailed reports by filtering and processing complex test results data.
* Create and maintain shared documentation, including documentation of testing plans and procedures, test-case specifications and test reports
* Organize, carry out and document automated and manual exploratory testing of imaging products in cameras or in software applications.
* Help organizing and performing photo shoot sessions to acquire image datasets
* 3+ of software testing, QA or programming experience
* Proven experience with automated testing, ideally using scripting languages.
* Good knowledge and solid experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Ruby, Java
* Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse IDE.
* BS in computer science, electric/electronic engineering or mathematics
* Initiative, self-motivation, thoroughness and superior attention to details
* Excellent written and spoken English
Additional Skills (would be a huge advantage):
* Experience with C or C++ programming
* Additional scripting and programming experience, using various software development tools
* Testing and QA experience for Automotive SW products or technologies
* Experience with Process Quality Assurance in software development (e.g. SPICE, CMMI)
* Understanding of digital image processing algorithms (digitization & coding, enhancement & restoration, segmentation and description)
* People Management experience, not essential but would be an advantage.