Technical Support Engineer - Citrix
itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Technical Support Engineer specializing in the support of Citrix. This is a 12-month contract position based with our client in Cork.
* Responding to client questions, providing operational maintenance, performing upgrades and troubleshooting issues
* Discussing issues with Performance Services clients and effectively applying technology knowledge to client situations.
* Balancing responsibilities between multiple, concurrent projects.
* Staying up to date on current technologies and trends.
* Thoroughly and accurately understanding issues and analysing problems in a systematic fashion.
* Serving as an escalation point for tier two support and providing advance troubleshooting capabilities
* Understanding and executing standard escalation procedures with tier two support.
Specific Skills (including but not limited to):
* Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and assist non-technical users with troubleshooting remotely
* Strong background in Windows server platforms including Windows Server, Active Directory, File/Print, and Exchange
* Strong background in Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop platforms
* Preference for background and knowledge in operating and maintain Citrix farms and Windows servers on a virtualized environment (VMWare)
* Act as a technical lead for infrastructure deployments
* 3+ years of similar work experience in a client facing role
* Must have experience working with managing, operating and upgrading mid-market Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop environments.
* Preference to have experience with VMWare
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Citrix (CCA, CCP, CCE) certifications preferred
* Microsoft (MCP, MCSA) certifications preferred
* Ability and willingness to travel nationally and be able to travel to our client's Chicagoland area customers
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Nolan Prendergast ( +353 21 2313096 or nolan dot prendergast at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.