PepTalk is a disruptive technology-driven start-up, scaling rapidly within the employee engagement sector. Due to this success, we are looking to expand our technology team to drive our platform forward as we scale globally.
We are looking for a technical strategy lead to join as part of our senior leadership team and represent the technology team at all levels.
But hold up, this ain't another ‘routine job in a regular company’ … we are doing stuff differently. Firstly we are nice humans, our mission is to humanise the workplace through our social wellbeing platform. Simple eh, okay so maybe not, but who wouldn’t want their workplace to be more connected, teamy, with people operating at their full potential - so that seems like a worthwhile place to start and commercially it really stacks up for companies.
This position is really special to us - it will have a massive impact on our users, our product and our team. So we want to find someone who will love Pep like it's their own baby (okay sometimes it can be a slightly hairy baby, but he’s sweet as hell and rather brilliant) \o/
Who do we believe will fit on the team? (Besides having all the great nerdy stuff below) it will be someone who is ‘sound’; who will challenge, push, inspire, make tea, care deeply, be flexible, listen and ask great questions, make things happen, execute, who is crazy curious, oh and who likes dogs (yes, we actually have dogs on-site).
More importantly, this person won’t be is cookie cutter, egotistical, be the same as all of us (we sincerely love different thought processes, experiences, viewpoints and people who know who they are), and says yes to everything.
This role is made for someone who is at ‘that point’ in their career where they really want to own and build something impactful, who can bring a philosophy to make work better right through to execution of a product.
It goes without saying, we are an equal opportunities employer.
What you will own or be asked to do:
- Drive thought leadership, innovation and creativity from a technology perspective.
- Ensure the technology agenda is represented at all senior management meetings.
- Work with our existing technology team (both internal and external) to execute our technology agenda.
- Provide status updates on our technology roadmap.
- Craft a feedback process to ensure we build valuable insight from our customers into the product roadmap.
- Drive IT programs which increase our market reach and our product USP.
- Lead all system design and changes in our product architecture.
- Track, analyse and monitor our platform metrics.
- Streamline the client experience and ensure onboarding and ease of use is a top priority.
- Represent PepTalk at enterprise level customer meetings
- Ensure we are scaling our technology organisation in line with the future direction of the business.
- Identify partners within various regions to allow us to scale globally.
- Participate when necessary in customer business reviews.
- Ensure our data is handled in accordance with all global rules and regulations.
- Ensure suppliers are measured and held accountable according to various agreements and SLA’s we have in place.
- Ensure that we are always aware of the impact of third party usage within our technology landscape.
- Liaise with various organisations in order to help build out the strategy for our platform
- Lots of fun stuff too, some of these bullets sound mad heavy!
Where you will likely be coming from or your potential experience:
- Degree preferred ideally from a technology background.
- 5-7+ years of technology management or technology engineering experience.
- Consistent track record of success in leadership positions ideally within a startup environment.
- Extensive experience with product development methodologies.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- Familiarity with sales operations would be beneficial.
- Data governance and compliance experience.
- An interest in employee engagement and wellbeing would be awesome