Embedded Software Engineer (C/C++) - Permanent roles - Limerick
Duties and responsibilities:
* Perform software design based on input from department, characteristics of the existing software base, consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements
* Perform software implementation, following coding guidelines and taking into account system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability
* Conduct software evaluation and testing of own software, software from other engineering staff, and third-party software
* Provide a test plan for use by other engineering staff, quality assurance and support departments in validating a new implementation
* Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software
* Attend design review meetings as needed to adhere to the software development procedures
* Document and repair errors related to fielded software issues
* Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems
* Strong C/C++ skills and software design for multi-threading and multi-processor application.
* Knowledge in .NET C#, Compact Framework, ASP.NET.
* Strong Object Oriented design skills, especially the State Machine and event driven design.
* Strong knowledge in the embedded User Interface design and display device control such as LCD.
* Strong knowledge in hardware-software interface and network communication using sockets.
* Strong knowledge in Hard Real Time Control and inter-processor communication.
* Strong knowledge of one or more of the Operating Systems and concepts, such as WinCE, Linux, cooperative OS (CoRoutines), etc.
* Familiar with the microcontrollers and microprocessors such as ARM Application and Cortex architecture.
* Experience with developing unit tests, test automation, and familiarity with UT frameworks (ex. CPPUnit, LDRA, Coverity, Parasoft)
* Knowing one or more of the Development IDEs such as IAR, Keil, Eclipse, and/orVisual Studio
* Knowledge in JTAG debugging and error handling.
* Knowledge in Wi-Fi connectivity and security
* Knowing Python, Build Utilities, code analysis tools is plus
* Knowing Quantum State Machine, ThreadX, SMX is plus.
* Knowing XSLT, XML, HTTML, is plus
* Familiar with Configuration Management and Issue Tracking systems
* Knowledge of international standards applicable to medical devices / risk management including ISO 60601-1, ISO 14971.
Are you an experienced Embedded Software Engineer that is looking for a change for growing, dynamic company which helps in growth of your career? If so please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Embedded Software Engineer role to Purva Rao, IT Recruiter, FRS Recruitment (086-0241818) via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.
FRS Recruitment is committed to promoting diversity and disability in the work place and is a KANCHI 100 company.