The role holder will work within a process driven, ITIL environment, primarily responsible for Incident Management and the various tasks related to the monitoring and support of Data Centre operations mainly for external customers whose equipment and applications are based in the one or our Data Centres. The Service Desk is the single point of contact “SPOC” for customers/technical staff and management, identifying and where necessary escalating all issues/alerts. The role includes an element of problem diagnosis and proposals for fix.
· To monitor various alarm management systems and identify alerts.
· To log appropriate level incidents, using Remedy and track the incidents to resolution within SLA.
· To communicate with customers, colleagues and other technical staff as necessary to ensure to relevant personnel are aware and engaged in resolving any issues which arise.
· To provide problem diagnosis and proposed resolution where and when possible liaising with technical manager, peers, suppliers and customer/developer groups.
· To ensure operational procedures are in place, maintained and followed.
· To support recovery activities following failure, including disaster recovery.
· To monitor performance where appropriate.
· To provide information and support to other groups on technical and operational issues.
· To ensure all appropriate documentation is provided and maintained to the ISO20000 standard.