Job Code 407
At Ammeon, we make sure the future does not leave our customers behind. We do this by accelerating our customers' IT innovation allowing them to disrupt and compete. We provide consulting, Agile, Cloud, DevOps and automation skills and technologies to deliver this promise.
We are looking for smart, dynamic, and flexible people to help us deliver successful outcomes to our Tier 1 customers in Ireland, the UK and the Nordics. Join us - you will work with the best people, use the most up-to- date technologies, and solve the most challenging customer problems.
About the Role:
The DevOps engineer will provide support and guidance to customers migrating applications to an OpenShift PaaS platform.
This role may require the candidate to be based on client sites. The candidate will have the opportunity to work remotely or from our UK offices based in Reading when not on a client site.
* Integrating OpenShift with the customer's application development tools and software lifecycle processes.
* Containerising existing applications; breaking monolithic applications into smaller components that will be containerised.
* Adapting applications to integrate with and take advantage of Kubernetes/OpenShift features (e.g. ConfigMaps, Secrets, healthchecks, autoscaling, etc.)
* Designing new build and test pipelines for applications in OpenShift and/or integrating with existing build and test pipelines.
* Advising customers on design and policy decisions surrounding other ongoing technology migrations (e.g. SVN to Git).
Skills and Technology Requirements:
* Hands-on experience with Red Hat OpenShift (preferably V3.x).
* Strong knowledge of container and container orchestration technologies, including Kubernetes, Docker, Rkt, Atomic, etc.
* Experience migrating applications to containerised platforms (preferably OpenShift)
* Hands-on Linux experience, preferably with RedHat Enterprise Linux, and with solid knowledge of Linux networking (addressing, routing, etc.).
* Scripting skills, including Bash, Python and Ruby.
* Experience with git hosting solutions (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, Stash, etc.) and jenkins pipelines.
* Working knowledge of cloud architectures, e.g. OpenStack, AWS, etc
* Automation techniques and DevOps processes.
* Java - Springboot, JBOSS, Maven, etc. is an advantage.
* Familiarity with monitoring tools, services, and modern configuration management solutions (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack) is a plus
* Have a track record of working collaboratively with clients; building strong relationships with customer representatives and earning their trust and confidence.
* Experience in application development and/or infrastructure deployment projects.
* Have a strong DevOps background and knowledge of software development methodologies, process and tools used in DevOps environments.
* Willingness to work in a dynamic environment; agile experience is a plus.
* 3+ years of experience of working on client projects and/or on client sites.
* Contributing to project documentation.
* Mentoring and sharing knowledge with customers.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Solid attention to detail with good English communication and writing skills.
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.