Dev Ops Engineer
The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and a background in programming using Python or other mainstream programming languages e.g. Java, C++ etc. The candidate should also have an appreciation distributed computing architectures (messaging, caching, topologies etc.) and big data ecosystems (Hadoop etc.)
* Solid programming skills having used Python or other mainstream language e.g. Java, C++
* Appreciation of and interest in distributed computing solutions and/or big data ecosystems e.g. Hadoop (Cloudera)
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to clearly document and articulate solutions on bi-weekly Sprint reviews
* Working knowledge of Linux OS (Red Hat) and related commands / scripting languages
* Team player who is willing to actively participate in our Agile ceremonies e.g. sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives etc.
* Self-starter with ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders across Technology and Trading, Compliance, Supervision, Risk, Operations, and other support partners.
Nice to Have
* Experience working with PaaS technologies (examples include AWS, Azure, DC/OS, Mesos, Kubernetes, NGINX)
* Knowledge of CI/CD solutions (examples include GIT, Jenkins, Team City, Ansible Tower, Chef, Puppet)
* Exposure to big-data ecosystems, e.g. Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Solr, Flume, Kafka, etc.
* Knowledge of microservices and API driven design patterns
* Computer Science or engineering background.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.