The Network Administrator/IT Support Specialist is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure in line with the growing business demands. He/she is required to work on their own initiative and have an aptitude for solving both technical and business related problems.
* The primary task is to maintain and support the company's IT infrastructure including firewalls, web servers, and systems in remote locations.
* Manage backups on a daily basis.
* Create, maintain and run maintenance scripts to ensure optimal performance of all systems.
* Manage software licensing and asset management.
* Work with other Group units to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures and that adequate controls are in place.
* Provide technical support for desktops, laptops and PDA used within the company.
* Run the technical aspect for various business projects. This includes liaising with suppliers, providing automation solutions as well as assisting the business in delivering reports.
* Work closely with suppliers to manage the communications infrastructure.
* Manage users on an Exchange 2007 based email system as well as the supporting archiving system (Global Relay).
* Provide first line support for the phone system (Avaya) and third party applications.
* Work with the development team to ensure that new applications are readily deployed.
Knowledge and Experience
* Strong IT infrastructure skills (networking, comms, servers, desktops, laptops).
* Experience of scripting (batch files, VBscript).
* Sound understanding of the Microsoft technologies.
* Solid documentation and record keeping ability.
* Analytical and logical thinker with good problem solving skills.
* Ability to work closely with business users and have corresponding knowledge and understanding of their roles.
* Self driven with ability to take ownership of tasks and to follow through to completion.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to work in a busy and demanding environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.