Data Centre Infrastructure Technology Engineer
itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, an industry leading Financial Technology company, in the hiring of an experienced Engineer to lead the design and implementation of critical data centre and site infrastructure. This will include design and planning for the implementation of hardware, networks, cabling and telecoms-based technologies into large scale data centre and office sites in Ireland and mainland Europe.
You will be responsible for leading the design, planning and support of Raised Floor infrastructure elements across these sites, including:
* Managing support and vendor delivery for infrastructure technology into data centre environments, including server hardware, racks and cabling
* Leading Operational Excellence initiatives
* Management of Data Centre infrastructure Management Work Floor tools and ticketing systems
* Leading Break/Fix support and managing SLAs
* Asset Management of infrastructure
* Ensuring continuity of service and contributing to Disaster Recovery planning
* Managing Data Centre access and elements of security
* Troubleshooting infrastructure issues
* Contributing to audits and ensuring compliance
* Managing workflows and maintenance teams and ensuring quality of delivery and assurance
* Maintaining excellent documentation and reports for senior management
* Leading implementation projects
You will ideally have:
* A minimum of 5 years in a senior engineering capacity with data centre physical layer infrastructure
* Strong knowledge of infrastructure technologies including Server Hardware, Racks, Cabling, Storage, Mid-Range and Mainframe Hardware and Telecommunications networking
* A strong understanding and technical knowledge of Data Centres including Power, Cooling, Server Racks, Cabling, HVAC systems, Security and Access Systems etc.
* Experience with data Centre Infrastructure Management, Work Flow tools and software such as ServiceNow or equivalents
* Experience in planning and design of physical infrastructure in large scale office sites and Data Centre/Colocation facilities
* Good understanding of Incident, Problem and Change Management
* Excellent Problem Solving and Troubleshooting skills
* Ability to manage vendors and onsite resources where needed
Please note that travel within the Dublin area will be necessary for this role and some travel to mainland Europe may be required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role please do so via the relevant links. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Tom Leonard in itContracting directly ( 01 218 7721 or tom dot leonard at itContracting dot ie ). All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.