Build Engineer, Dublin, Ireland, Full-Time
The successful candidate will be working in a hands-on capacity and immediate contact with application development teams of the Platform group responsible for backend solutions. Emphasis of the role is on continuous delivery and "total automation".
* Working closely with a cross-functional team of Software Engineers, QA Automation, Operations and business stakeholders to ensure smooth deployments of software updates.
* Pro-actively work with the team to improve the process of building and deploying solutions across all test and production environments.
* Develop and maintain reusable automation scripts and components with variety of build and deployment automation tools, including but not limited to: git implementations (e.g. Bitbucket), build runners (e.g. Bamboo or Jenkins), deployment automation (e.g. Octopus) and AWS IaC (infrastructure as a code) scripts.
You'll need to have:
* Experience as a Build/Release Engineer in an Agile development environment.
* Strong scripting and automation skills, especially PowerShell.
* Experience with any of the following build and deployment automation platforms: Bamboo, TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Web Deploy (MSDeploy), TFS, AWS CodeDeploy, GoCD.
* Experience using Git, Gitflow (branching model).
Even better if you have:
* BSc computer science/engineering or similar.
* Successful experience with large enterprise scale solutions.
* Working experience or good understanding of .Net Framework and C#.
* Experience with AWS, Docker, .NET Core deployments.
* Experience in automating database deployments, database versioning and source control.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.