Network Engineer - Deployment & Provisioning
Based in Dublin, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
They require a Network Engineer with 3+ years' experience in data center deployment, building large-scale infrastructure, and providing support for Linux based servers and Network devices.
Initially on an 11-month contract, working in a key role in helping manage their global network, where even seconds of downtime would have a significant impact on their clients.
Job Reference: BBBH 13641
* Create cage and rack designs and understand the overall needs of POP infrastructure.
* Document and follow RMA processes and procedures for all relevant vendors.
* Follow, improve, and implement data center and POP best practices
* Calculate and document equipment power requirements and work with Engineering, Facilities Operations, and/or collocation vendors to meet these requirements.
* Provide necessary escalations to higher support tier; assist Sales and Customer Support with technical operations, and work with internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction
* Liaise with Network Engineering, Logistics, and equipment vendors as new equipment and technologies are integrated into the production network.
* Use internal tools and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair servers and network equipment
* Detect and diagnose various error/failure conditions across an array of server types.
The Ideal Candidate:
* At least 3 years' experience in data center deployment, building large-scale infrastructure, and providing support for Linux based servers and Network devices.
* An understanding of datacenter network architecture and common issues related to datacenter networks.
* Knowledgeable in Data center practices.
* Experience with field-based work in POPs, carrier hotels, or Central Office environments.
* Experience with Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and Nexus data center switching platforms.
* Have a sound and in-depth understanding of IP technologies such as MPLS, BGP, RSVP-TE, IS-IS
* Have basic understanding of DWDM transmission technology, and circuit troubleshooting techniques
* Solid understanding of fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
* Experience with IPv6 and familiarity with scripting languages is strongly desired.
* Proficiency in Linux operating system.
* Competitive Salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
* Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
* State of the art modern office.
* 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
* Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progress ion for top performers.
* The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +353 (0)21 2028035.