Exciting opportunity to join a leading Building Engineering Firm in the Technical Writing area. Due to an influx of projects as a result of strong reputation in the market, the firm is now hiring a technical writer for the team.
You will work as part of an engineering team, writing technical documents to deliver exciting projects to clients. A background in Automation or Mechanical Engineering is compulsory, and training will be provided to upskill in the areas of technical writing if there's no prior experience.
The primary role is to write technical specification and test documents based on consultants' designs for our software engineers, testers and commissioners. It requires diligence, attention to detail, good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team. Knowledge of automation, GDP and the GAMP model are essential, knowledge of BMS and HVAC plant would be desirable but not essential.
Technical Document Writing:
Using an approved automation hardware design, combined with consultants P&IDs, the candidate would be required to write the following documents based on an established set of templates:
* Functional Specifications (FS)
* Design Specifications (DS)
* Graphic Design Specifications (GDS)
* Hardware Design Specifications (HDS)
* Server/PC Installation Verifications (IV)
* Software Design Specifications (SDS)
* Functional Specification design Specification (FSDS)
* Software Factory Acceptance Test (SFAT) Documents
* Site Acceptance Test (SAT) Documents
* Hot Loop Check Protocols (HLCP)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.