SENIOR APPLICATION SUPPORT - FINANCIAL SERVICES
(RTB IT Support)
Company and team
Transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking.
The team is responsible for the stability of the IT systems. This role is dedicated to the support of front office trading systems
Purpose of role
The main duties are providing highly responsive IT support to Front Office trading teams.
The successful candidate would be responsible for ensuring rapid response to user technical and functional issues for a wide range of trading applications across multiple business lines and asset classes. Trade Floor Support are responsible for ensuring that IT services have a high level of stability and maintaining high service availability for Front Office users.
You will have functional responsibilities such as proactively identifying back end problems with continuous monitoring to ensure full availability. You will also look after front end and back end resolution as well as support and configuration of the Trading Systems.
* Providing a seamless end to end support service for front office users, the candidate will be expected to provide high availability support for trading desk.
* The role involves investigation of trader related issues and resolving or engaging with application owners to provide effective issue and problem management and rapid resolution
* Provide advisory services to trading desk for functional use cases and configuration of Trading systems
* Proactive management of business critical real-time trading systems, identifying issues and potential problem areas.
* Log and track incidents and calls. Tracking outstanding issues and working with the appropriate group to achieve resolution of them
* Engaging with Front Office management teams to ensure proactive management of SLA's, capacity, performance and BCM planning
* Engagement with application owners and development team to review planned changes that may impact application functionality or availability to from office users.
* Good database and SQL skills (Oracle, SQL Server)
* Previous experience in application support, preferably supporting trading systems
* Financial knowledge of Fixed Income FX, Commodities equities or Credit an advantage
* Good understanding of concepts of trading business and end to end business process and workflows
* Good working knowledge of operating system platforms (UNIX, Linux, SQL, Windows)
* Able to utilise core technical skill and apply to a variety of trading platforms, technologies and operating platforms
* Advanced Excel / VBA skills would be an advantageous
* Understanding of middleware technologies such as MQ and Solace
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.