Network Support Engineer - Dublin
Digital Planet is Ireland's leading Cloud Services Provider, providing flexible, secure and highly available systems to a wide range of Irish and international clients. Digital Planet is seeking a Network Support Engineer to join our team based out of our head office in Cherrywood, Dublin.
This is a support role which will offer the right candidate significant opportunity for development and advancement of their career in Networking.
* Work within a support team with varied skill sets and experience
* Support customer network environments & respond to change requests
* Maintain and improve documentation of customers' network environments
* Provide Level 2 troubleshooting to resolve technical issues
* Work within change management policies to ensure success of changes
Essential Skills & Experience
* Networking - routing & switching, preferably using Cisco or equivalent (min CCNA level)
* Cisco ASA Firewall experience required
* Palo Alto, Juniper or Checkpoint firewalls would be advantageous
* At least 2 years relevant experience in a support role
* Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
* 3rd level degree in a relevant field
* Conscientious, trustworthy and capable of organizing and delivering on tasks within a team environment
* Customer focused
* Ambitious & eager to learn and develop skills
* Strong troubleshooting and communications skills essential
* Great attention to detail
* Training and development
* Health insurance
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Michal in itContracting directly (+353 1 4396811 or Michal at itContracting dot ie)
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.