Sharepoint Administrator - Permanent Role
Description and Responsibilities
We currently have an opportunity for an Intranet administrator to join a SharePoint team in Naas, Ireland. The team manage the company's SharePoint landscape which includes SharePoint 2010, 2016 and SharePoint Online. The intranet platform runs on Sharepoint 2016.
The company's SharePoint strategy is to move toward a "SharePoint Online first" approach over the coming months. The team will work to determine the right kind of governance required to support this strategy, and then focus on migrating the sites and content off other versions of SharePoint.
By the end of 2018, the company will have a simplified hybrid landscape of SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online. The successful candidate will help to deliver on this plan.
Working as part of a Global SharePoint team, including onshore and offshore resource, you will be responsible for maintaining SharePoint across the Group (12,000 users). This role will also allow the candidate to excel their career in SharePoint associated products such as Power BI, Microsoft Flow andother third party applications. This role is ideal for someone with a strong technical background, training and on the job learning on the specific technologies will be provided.
Some of the key tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Troubleshooting and resolution of issues across these technologies
* Involved in SharePoint package release process using PowerShell
* Writing PowerShell scripts
* Support releases post go-live
* Work with virtual SharePoint administrators to maintain a number of SharePoint farms
* Migration of content from SP2010 to SP2016 and SharePoint Online
* Participate in planning and estimation of projects
* Day to day maintenance and healthcare of SharePoint environments
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills are vital for this role, plus:
* 1+ years' experience in administration, maintenance and implementation of SharePoint desired but not required
* Experience in the migration of data and code from one application to another
* Knowledge and development experience in PowerShell desired
* Understanding of SharePoint security concepts desired
* Packaging, troubleshooting and deployment of Reporting Services and SSIS packages
* Desirable Team Foundation Server management experience
* Demonstrated ability to resolve issues by analysing and evaluating possible solutions
* Experience in working with the internal and near-shore/off-shore development team desired
* Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and new techniques
* BS/BE/MS degree in Computer Science
* MCITP qualifications for SharePoint 2010 / MCSE for SharePoint 2013 (preferable)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.