* Acting in a senior/supervisory role within a team delivering an excellent service experience for customers of the managed security service
* Provide remote support, primarily via telephone and email, to customers
* Monitor for and identify customer security threats or service impacting issues
* Raise, as appropriate, and handle assigned support and incident tickets, escalating to supervisor as appropriate
* Proactively identify and reach out to customers requiring support, e.g. assistance with endpoint OS patching
* Define, document and implement policies and procedures for deployment of, operations and maintenance and incident support for customers using the managed security service
* Close support and incident tickets within agree timescales and SLAs
* Monitoring status and alerting from the security measures and controls of the managed security service (controls protecting customer endpoints and websites)
* Scoping customer vulnerability assessments and penetration testing, using appropriate tools to carry out vulnerability assessments and penetration testing of the customer environment, taking the output of these assessments carrying out detailed analysis and providing reports with recommendation for remediation of identified vulnerabilities
* Carry out troubleshooting/analysis of service-related and customer-related faults, incidents and issues related to use of and performance of the managed security service
* Work on various shifts to facilitate 24x7x365 support. All shifts will be office based.
* Willing to provide out of hours on call support, as needed.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
* Network or Security Operations and/or Help Desk Support experience in a managed services or enterprise support environment (preferred)
* Experience in providing Desktop or Tech Support/Administration experience, including support for endpoint protection technologies, such as anti-virus/anti-malware software, personal firewalls, etc.
* Excellent working knowledge of computer and network security principles and practices
* Good working knowledge of networking, e.g. firewall, switches, routers etc.
* Good knowledge of data and cyber security threats and attack methods
* Good all-round understanding of web technologies and web application security
* Experience setting up/managing web application firewalls (preferred)
* Web application development, securing web applications (advantageous)
* Application and/or infrastructure vulnerability assessment and penetration testing experience (advantageous).
* Experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, log management, vulnerability scanning/assessment, etc (advantageous)
* Appropriate vendor certifications in or equivalent experience of desktop technologies and environments including Windows (all varieties), MacOS, Android operating systems.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.