System Administrator [Palo/Alto/SonicWall]
The System Administrator is a highly technical role committed to achieving the highest standards of IT services in line with business requirements and the local IT team objectives.
You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality IT Operations in support of the business as well as supporting the delivery of strategic local IT initiatives.
You will also develop IT skills and expertise and provide technically knowledgeable, proactive, problem solving team members in support of local business activities.
* Work closely with local IT and Hardware teams and IT Manager to support all aspects of business as usual activities.
* Work on Helpdesk tickets.
* Work with production teams to identify opportunities for process automation
* Develop a deep understanding of business processes and provide expertise in the delivery of IT Service solutions.
* Point of contact for Dublin employees for all IT service related matters.
* Be a proactive member of the IT team.
* Keep up to date with the latest technologies and makes recommendations for technology growth.
* Accountable for support and maintenance of IT systems, to include Security, Service Delivery and Applications.
* Monitors security compliance in accordance with standards, policies and procedures
* Compose documentation and KB articles
* Work with global IT peers to a certain extent
* Adjustable to flexible working hours
* Strong technical background with 5+ years' experience in IT Systems
* Strong understanding of MS Exchange 2013, preferably in DAG configuration
* Strong technical knowledge of the Microsoft Stack, Windows Server, Windows networking, Active Directory, DFS
* Strong understanding of Firewalls and Gateways (Palo Alto, SonicWall)
* Experience with VPN tunnelling, IPSEC (site-to-site, point-to-site)
* Experience with switching
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Some level of experience in Office 365
* MCSE, MCP, ITIL, Prince 2 or similar certification
Nice to Have(s):
* Experience with VMware in HA
* Experience with Trend Micro Endpoint Protection (Smart Protection Complete)
* Experience with Veeam Backup and Replication
* Experience with SharePoint and SQL Server
* Experience with Ubuntu Linux
* Experience in the video games industry
* Team player
* Client focused
* Excellent communication skills
* Friendly, can-do, attitude
* Excellent organisational skills
* Cultural adaptability.
* Ability to explain complex systems in non-technical terms
* Ability to use good judgment to prioritise tasks.
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, complex environment
* Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
Reference No.: 917563fk
Role: System Administrator
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type Permanent