Mail Administrator - Exchange
itContracting are currently seeking applications for an experienced IT Mail Administrator. This is long term day-rate contract position based with our client in Dublin City Centre.
* Day rate contract
* Duration: 1 to 2 years
* Location: Dublin City
* It is a mandatory requirement that you must be at an intermediate level (i.e. must have at least 4-6 years' experience) in this role.
* You will primarily work onsite at the location in Dublin City Centre.
* On occasion you may have to attend offsite visits to the disaster recovery site or to other client locations.
The Key Deliverables for the Mail Administrator will include, but are not limited to the following:
* Dealing with queries from users
* General Exchange 2010/2013 and Outlook 2007/2010 troubleshooting
* Dealing with our client's IT Helpdesk
* Mailbox management
* Ongoing monitoring of Exchange Servers
* Ongoing monitoring and reporting of Exchange utilisation
* Implementation and monitoring of quotas
* Improving resilience of Exchange Infrastructure
* Recovery procedures for Exchange Infrastructure
* Fault reporting
* Testing any modifications in a Lab environment
* Preparing standards and procedures documentation for the proper planning, installation, security, support and maintenance of the Exchange Infrastructure.
* Maintaining and managing the Anti-Virus and Content filtering solutions in place
* Apply AV/Content Filtering updates
* Participation in projects as a team member (where necessary)
* Configuring pushmail on mobile devices
* Any other tasks which are considered by the Client to be appropriate to the role.
Key Experience, Competencies and Skillsets
The following Competencies and Skillsets are those considered most important for the proposed Mail Administrator resource to have experience in:
* Administering Exchange 2013
* Administering Exchange 2010
* Running database backups using ArcServe.
* Monitoring the Exchange Servers using SCOM
* Using PowerShell to manage Exchange server environment
* Managing a Symantec Messaging Gateway
* Managing a DAG environment
* Running modification tests in a Lab environment
* Liaising with a Helpdesk
* Dealing with queries from users directly.
* Preparing standards and procedures documentation for the proper planning, installation, security, support and maintenance of the Email Infrastructure
* Participating in projects as a team member
* Mentoring individuals
* Working to tight deadlines
* Managing ActiveSync devices.
* Configuring pushmail on the mobile device
* Working on own initiative
* Fault reporting.
* Solving technical and project issues.
* Working across all aspects of a project lifecycle from business analysis to implementation and testing.
You are required to provide a very detailed CV which clearly demonstrates all of the skillsets and competencies that you possess as outlined above.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.