Our client is regarded as one of Europes fastest growing comapnies, a company who value teamwork, innovation and people who go the extra mile. There is a great opportunity for a mid-level Software Engineer to join thier rapidly expanding engineering group, to work with an industry leader in their secotr, and play a pivotal role in this exciting phase of the company's continuing growth.
* 4+ years commercial software experience
* Solid knowledge and understanding of API development, standards and best practises.
* Experience delivering back-end services to production in a cloud-hosted environment (e.g. Azure/AWS)
* Experience with Service/Daemon development (ideally C/C++) on Windows and/or Linux is a major advantage
* Proficiency with modern software development tooling and methodologies (e.g. version control with GIT, workflow management with Jira/VSTS or similar)
* Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practises (e.g. Jenkins)
* Experience working in an Agile team, with embedded QA, Design and Product Owner
* Self-starter, with willingness to take ownership of end-to-end delivery
* Excellent communication skills, and critically, superb attention to detail is a must
* Degree in Computer Science or similar
* Practical experience with installation/package management on Windows/Linux is a bonus.
* Hands-on experience with NodeJS in production is also a plus.
* Familiarity with Single Page Application (SPA) development and/or ES6 and front-end development frameworks - e.g. AngularJS
* Familiarity with fundamental design principles and designing for scale (e.g. DDD, Microservices, Orchestration etc.)