Reports To: Head of Development & Programme
The Boylesports group has retail, B2B, B2C and e-commerce dimensions. It has high volume real-time trading applications and mission-critical websites. The technology function and applications portfolio, supported by a wide range of skill sets, will at least double in size in the coming year.
Boylesports are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Manager primarily to manage QA development and testing delivery for online and retail business.
Core Job Responsibilities:
1. Management of the end to end QA function, overseeing the QA processes across all products and channels.
2. Managing and mentoring offshore QA resources.
3. Reviewing requirements, providing test estimates and scheduling testing activities
4. Allocate and manage work for the QA team.
5. Creating documentation for test plans, test cases and other test related artefacts.
6. The successful candidate will own the test documentation and be expected to continually refine and improve it to make it as efficient as possible.
7. This role may involve hands-on testing of functionality, which is delivered through a combination of applications and services.
8. Contributing to all aspects of the QA process for new and existing functionality, through a mix of automated and manual testing.
9. Support the development team in identifying and documenting issues, as well as to identify test requirements.
10. Schedule and approve release to different test environments throughout the development cycle.
11. Provide clear results and metrics to stakeholders and management.
12. Manage the Test and Staging environments and associated Test Data.
13. Work to accurately evaluate risk and provide estimates for tasks.
14. Conducting performance reviews
The ideal person should possess at least 3 years of experience in the area of consumer media or application development, preferably in the gaming space, whether for a gaming operator or a supplier to the industry.
1. A relevant Third level degree in IT or equivalent Testing Qualification (ISEB, ISQTB)
2. Proven professional experience as a QA Manager
3. Technically proficient, familiar with the major development platforms and languages (C#, Java etc.) and RESTful web services.
4. Experience with Automation and BDD Test Tools such as Selenium WebDriver.
5. Good knowledge of DevOps and Software release processes
6. A Team player with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), particularly the ability to get your ideas across effectively.
7. Experience working within the whole software development lifecycle and global teams.
8. Willingness to learn and be challenged in a fast-paced environment.
9. Experience working with load testing, PCI DSS and Performance would be beneficial.