The Database Administrator is responsible to implement, configure and troubleshoot database instances, monitors and optimise system performance and ensure backup and maintenance tasks are functioning properly within the designated global standards.
Overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing IT with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to key company initiatives. Support ongoing and new security/compliance initiatives. Innovative approach to systems architecture, performance tuning, backup and recovery, high availability and scalability. Strong knowledge of, and experience with:
Server Clustering and HA Solutions
24x7 "always on" environment
IaaS, PaaS: Performance Tuning
Familiarity with the processes of replication in an enterprise environment for both on-prem and cloud
* KEY COMPENTENCIES
* 5+ years professional database administration experience in a production environment using MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014 /2016
* Experience working with Azure SQL Database or Amazon RDS SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and PowerShell experience
* Experience with SQL Server replication, highly-available DB clusters.
* Multitasking skills and ability to take part in multiple projects
* Ability to solve problems, make sound decisions and use good judgement
* Microsoft SQL Server DBA Certification
* Understanding of supporting infrastructure components, particularly storage configuration
* Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning.
* Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks and resolve them.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills Knowledge of SAS and Power BI is preferred but not essential.
* Good team player, and excellent communication skills