itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a PSQE Drive DVT Technician on behalf of our client. This is a 12-month daily rate contract based with our client in Cork.
PSQE (Platform and System Quality Engineering) is responsible for Quality, Reliability, TCE and Compliance of hardware platforms right through our client's product lifecycle.
Working under the supervision of the Sr Drive DVT Engineer, the Drive DVT Technician is responsible for ESD (Electro Static Discharge) validation of all new hardware designs through platform level design verification testing, prior to their release into manufacturing. This is a high visibility as well as high intensity position.
* ESD Testing - Characterizing the response of the hardware to an ESD event.
* Platform Power Cycle Testing - Managing the automated drive power cycle testing.
* Prioritize qualification activities in line with business requirements.
* Provide status reports to Sr PSQE Engineers & Management on hardware ESD qualification activities.
* Assist the Sr PSQE Engineers in resolving issues found during ESD testing to root cause.
* Publish qualification reports upon the completion of qualification projects.
* System level knowledge of DAEs (Disk Array Enclosure) plus HDD & SDD technologies is desired.
* Knowledge of diagnostic code is also very important in order to configure, install, and understand error codes for debug is desired.
* Working knowledge of Engineering test equipment (oscilloscopes, etc) is required.
* Ability to work cross functionally.
* Strong Communication (written and verbal) skills.
* Diploma in Electronic Engineering or equivalent with 1+ years of industry experience is desired.
For more information please apply here or contact Michael Moylan ( +353 1 4396866 or michael dot moylan at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.