itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Project Manager (Software). This is a permanent position based with our client in Kilkenny.
Reporting to the Group Software Development Manager, the main responsibility will be working with our client's team of web developers working across the portfolio of web sites and working directly with clients.
The role requires someone with strong verbal and written communications skills, who is able to understand the needs of the business, and the functionality of our client's products. The candidate should have an understanding of the full software life-cycle, and knowledge of software development project management tools and methodologies is a plus.
* Define, prioritize and plan the projects that will need to be implemented.
* Schedule and secure the resources and manage cross functional teams to deliver to these projects.
* Monitor the projects overall progress: anticipating risks, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
* Identification of client needs which can be met through the development of innovative tools.
* Oversee the implementation of these new tools to current and new clients.
* Engagement directly with clients to capture feedback and continuously improve the tools in line with this feedback and new service offerings, within budget.
* Identification of market changes in client technology offerings that can be incorporated to the benefit of the company's clients.
* The successful candidate will be self-directed, able to work with and develop the people around him/her. Strong interpersonal skills, time-management, and accuracy are required.
* 2+ Years in a Software Development Environment.
* Leadership & Project Management experience and expertise.
* To have experience dealing with business or consumer clients in the implementation of specific service offerings.
* Ability to manage multiple projects, consistently delivering results despite competing priorities.
* Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
* Communicate project status and requirements to all levels of staff and management regularly; increase project transparency for all participants and stakeholders.
* Support in the Documentation and tracking of any open issues for stakeholders and project teams.
* Solid business acumen.
* PMP certified or equivalent project management certification.
* Background in software development.
* Knowledge of PHP, C# and OO development languages an advantage, but not a requirement.
* To have experience in vendor negotiation and management.
For more information please apply here or contact Marta Hoppe ( marta dot hoppe at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.