IT Support Engineer [Office 365/SharePoint/VNC/RDP/VPNs/Windows Server 2008/2012]
Project / Role:
Our client is a pharmaceutical company based in Dublin. They have a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join our IT team as an IT Support Engineer. Their head office is based in City West and this is a permanent position.
* Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
* Work on a range of issues including but not limited to network connectivity, peripheral connectivity, back-up, recovery, disk space, firewalls, anti-virus, applications.
* Carry out Administration tasks in Windows Active Directory.
* Imaging and maintenance of PCs and Laptops
* Maintaining a knowledge database
* Configure Mobiles/Tablets for Email etc
* A range of other helpdesk activities include file permissions, back-up tapes, desk phones etc.
* Internal project work
* Vendor Management
* Hours of work will be as part of a shift based rota covering 8am to 6pm mon-fri
* Successful candidate will be required to provide on call support on a one week in five basis
* Interact with other departments to facilitate resolution of Incidents
* Work with a team of engineers responsible for the resolution of a wide variety of problems.
* Have good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Have good interpersonal and customer care skills
* Have an excellent attention to detail and be good at keeping records
* Have a strong aptitude for learning
* Work closely with our customers and suppliers to deliver solutions for their ICT requirements
* Escalate issues to appropriate support engineers or support partners
* Share knowledge with the team
* Must have an IT related qualification
* Ideally have 2-3 years' experience in a similar role
* Have a natural aptitude to learn new technologies and develop skills
* Must have full clean driver's license and own car
* Windows 10, Office365 & Anti-virus software.
* SharePoint Administration
* Printers (both networked and local)
* Mobile phones and PDA support
* Basic understanding of IP networks and how to diagnose
* Experience using remote solutions such as VNC & RDP
* Knowledge of Windows Sever 2008/2012 Sever and Active Directory including Group Policies
* Knowledge Cisco Call Manager Telephony System
* Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V Virtual environment and System Centre Suit
Reference No.: 917383FK
Role: IT Support Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type Permanent